Wittenberg University is seeking applications for an Associate Director for Athletic Communication. This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt-level position reporting to the Associate Athletic Director for Communications, Web Strategy, and Content. The Associate Director is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive athletics communication program that supports college branding and marketing initiatives.
- Work with direct report to maintain and enhance the athletics website.
- Oversee the Student led Sports Recap Show - Talking Stripes.
- Contribute to other college publications.
- Provide photography for athletics.
- Direct the reporting of statistical information.
- Oversee sports social media channels and game streaming.
- Responsible for staffing to cover home athletic events, including a game program, organizing relevant statistics and reporting to media.
- Hire, train, and supervise interns and work-study students.
- A bachelor's degree in sport administration, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field is required.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- One to three years experience in a related field required.
- Experience using web content and social media software required.