Assist the Associate Athletic Director, Sports Medicine in the administration of a Division I intercollegiate Athletic program in adherence to all university and Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure regulations. Duties include the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries, drug testing, insurance coordination, and travel with athletic teams.
- Prevent injuries, treat sports related injuries, and rehabilitate assigned student athletes including taping, bracing, first aid, surgery consultation, medical communication, therapy, and follow up exercises. Monitor environmental conditions.
- Recruitment of athletic training students and athletic training managers by attending spotlight days, career days, high school activities / events, and the Kentucky Athletic Trainers Society. Correspond with high school and junior college trainers.
- Work with the Bratzke Athletic Academic Center to assist with academic concerns due to athletic injuries or mental health concerns.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in athletic training or related field is required.
- One year of experience in collegiate athletic training is required
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification as an Athletic Trainer is required. A State Board of Medical Licensure Certification in Athletic Training is required. A Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure Athletic Training Certification Is Preferred. The successful applicant will obtain a Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure within 3 months if not held at hire. Training Certification is required. Valid state driver's license is required.