The Associate Director of Athletic Communications will have primary sports responsibilities with men’s basketball, cross-country and softball. The Associate Director is expected to assist in navigating the rapidly changing world of communications and will assist in positioning the department to take advantage of opportunities through online resources, social media and other emerging mediums. The University of Tulsa sponsors 17 sports and is a member of the American Athletic Conference at the NCAA Division I (FBS) level. This is a full-time staff position with benefits.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Publicize assigned sports – men’s basketball, cross-country and softball through traditional and new media.
- Serves as secondary contact for football and oversees communication intern for volleyball.
- Writing and editing of press releases, game notes, previews, game recaps and special features.
- Maintain and upkeep the assigned sports pages on the official website of Tulsa athletics.
- Coordinate and supervise the press operations for the assigned sports.
- Layout, design and editing of various sport publications/media guides.
- Organize, operate and manage computer stat programs (NCAA Live Stats/StatCrew) for various sports.
- Maintain updated records, statistics and photographic archives.
- Promote student-athletes and teams through various media entities.
- Serve as liaison with the American Athletic Conference and NCAA for responsible sports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status. The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/ Veteran.