Under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Associate Director will assist the Athletics Director in performing duties such as; direction and policy formulation for game/event management and operations. Incumbent is responsible for the full range of work activities including budget, facilities management, personnel management, policy development, and planning, implementing and evaluating high-quality game/events.
- Represent the University and Athletics program through active participation in athletics governing organizations and conferences.
- As a member of the senior management team, develop program and institutional policies.
- Participate fully in program analysis, strategic planning, formulation of goals and objectives, staffing decisions, facilities, operations, budget, and travel.
- Make recommendations for short and long-term planning needs for the gender equity plan, including staffing, facilities, operations, budget, and travel.
- Assist in the review and evaluation of department programs and the coordination of monthly coaches/staff meetings.
- Prepare, review, revise, and distribute the department policies and procedures manual.
- Oversee the Athletics communications team. Manage external units and functions including strategic communications, brand management, marketing, graphic design, video, ticketing and sales, and development.
- Direct experience in athletics facility and game management operations as well as sport supervision.
- Ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Strong commitment to the student-athlete experience.
- Prior experience at the NCAA Division II level or above.
- Prior experience coaching or managing sports.
- Prior experience using the 25 live space reservation system.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles.