The Associate Director of Athletics is a seasoned professional and member of the senior administrative team within the Department of Athletics. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the position provides strategic leadership and vision in the design, implementation, and assessment of student-athlete development programming, with a focus on leadership development, academic success, health and well-being, and equity and inclusion.
- Designs, implements, and assess student-athlete development programs in alignment with the college’s leadership framework.
- Partners with college offices to design, implement, and assess programs essential to student learning and success.
- Oversees operation of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) and leads CLAWED, Bates Athletics’ leadership development program.
- Designs, implements, and assesses a Head Coach and Assistant Coach development program.
- Partner with student support offices on campus to support student-athletes through high-risk and challenging circumstances.
- Serves as the department representative on the Bates Care Collaborative.
- Navigates the complexities of supervising and mentoring head coaches within a highly competitive NCAA Division III athletics program.
- Leads and is responsible for the performance, development, and professional growth of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification in CPR/AED/Basic First Aid preferred or within three months of hire.
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.