Under the direction of the Director of Athletics and Physical Education, the Associate Director of Athletics is responsible for the management, development and supervision of the Intramurals and Recreation program and the supervision of the Athletics facilities and scheduled activities, while assisting with a variety of administrative and operational tasks in the Department of Athletics and Physical Education.
- Operation of all aspects related to the intramural and recreation program.
- Equipment- Orders, maintains, and keeps inventory of all intramural and recreation equipment and supplies.
- Budgeting- Prepares annual Intramural and recreation budget.
- Club Sport Activities- Coordinates and authorizes the club sport activities that are under the jurisdiction of the Director of Athletics and Physical Education.
- Student Personnel- Hires, onboards, supervises, trains, and keeps time records of all student assistants including building monitors, and intramural officials.
- Strategic planning- Survey, assess, design, and implement current trends in intramurals and recreation for the entire campus of Cal Maritime.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- This position requires that the individual would have a minimum of three (3) years of work experience in athletic administration, intramurals and/or recreation programs.
- The incumbent must demonstrate integrity and sound judgement in performing duties; possess the ability to supervise the work of staff and recommend appropriate personnel actions; be able to apply strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills and train and evaluate performance, taking corrective action as needed; deal with stressful situations while maintaining composure; and contribute to a collaborative environment utilizing exemplary communication and problem solving skills as necessary.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously, adjusting quickly to changes needed on a daily basis.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the university and establish and maintain productive and effective, inclusive working relationships amongst diverse populations including staff, faculty, administration, students, and other internal and external constituents.
- Must also possess the ability to operationalize sustainability concepts (economy, society, environment) into all aspects of performing job duties.
- Must be able to operate a computer using a Windows operating system, and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, One Drive/SharePoint, and PeopleSoft.
Cal Maritime is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The university subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.