The Associate Director of Athletics Communications oversees all public relations and media relations activities for the programs assigned by the Associate Director of Athletics for Communications and Digital Strategy. This individual will serve as the point person for comprehensive integrated communications and marketing strategies, with special attention to media relations, public relations, social media, digital and graphic content, and web communications.
- Serve as back-up for other staff members' web, graphic and digital needs.
- Serve as managing editor of all related content posted on every official athletic department medium (i.e. website, social media, etc.) for the assigned sports.
- Assist with the development of radio, television, website, social media business opportunities and strategies.
- Assist with supervising production (writing, editing, design with lnDesign and Photoshop) of publications and website updates (including game programs, media guides and the main athletics website).
- Collaborate with marketing staff, broadcast services staff, video staff, ticketing staff, Ragin' Cajuns Sports Properties/Learfield staff, and development (RCAF) staff to develop and execute marketing and promotions plans for specified sports, programs, and initiatives for Ragin' Cajuns Athletics.
- Supervises, coordinates and oversees media relation operations for all home contests and events, press conferences, photos days and media days for assigned sports.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills when working with student-athletes, faculty, staff, coaches, and administration.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be a person of high integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and Institutional rules as they apply to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics program.
- Ability to work extended daily hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.