The Associate Director of Athletics for Strategic Communications will direct, plan, and implement communications, media relations, and publicity for Pacific Athletics. They will present in a consistent and favorable manner to a wide-ranging audience the achievements of the athletics program primarily by maintaining a readily accessible, accurate, and useful news and information service.
- Collaboratively work with Pacific Strategic Communications, the Alumni Association, and other related campus areas to publicize Pacific Athletics, including coordination of stories or features for regular use by campus partners, including generating a weekly story for the university's newsletter.
- Manage information flow in a confidential manner through crises management processes as needed.
- Promote and reflect the mission and core values of the university, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, and the NCAA.
- Serve as the primary communications contact for designated sports including in-game responsibilities.
- Write pregame, game notes, postgame, recruiting, and feature stories for assigned sports and general department releases (on items such as personnel changes, academic success, and community service). Travel to select away events.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Six (6) years of experience in athletics communications, media relations, journalism, or a related field.
- Demonstrated strong writing, editing and management skills, with the ability to write for a variety of media and audiences.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations.