The Associate Director of the National Commodore Club (NCC) and Athletics Development will be responsible for soliciting both major gifts and leadership annual gifts for Vanderbilt University, with a focus on outright gifts and pledges to the Athletics program in support of all Vanderbilt student athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting 120-150 visits annually with prospects capable of making annual gifts and pledges of $25,000+ as well as visits with prospects capable of making $100k+ (visits are anywhere around the country and locally).
- Managing a portfolio of approximately 100-125 prospects and donors.
- Effectively communicating results of prospect visits to appropriate personnel, such as other development staff, with particular emphasis on major donor prospect identification.
- Qualifying major donor prospects each year.
- Using data to identify prospects for leadership annual gifts.
- Collaborating with DAR staff to build and maintain best practices in Leadership Annual Giving.
- Establishing a sound working relationship with DAR staff to enhance collaboration in Leadership Annual Giving. This includes working with major gifts officers, operations/advancement services, Athletics Department leadership, reunion teams, and the DAR leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, is necessary.
- One year of relevant experience, or the equivalent, is necessary.
- Two or more years of experience in development or alumni relations preferred, with direct donor solicitation experience.
- Willingness and ability to personally solicit gifts of $25k or $100k and larger.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and judgment suitable for exercising appropriate discretion and demeanor when dealing with alumni, parents, friends, and employees.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in the handling of confidential information.
- Ability to use current computer technology, such as Windows, Excel, Word, and Vanderbilt’s donor management system.