Responsible for developing program structure for District Secondary Athletics that provides organization and consistency that ensures proper application and compliance with federal, state, district, and Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association rules and guidelines.
- Works under the direction of the Director of District Athletics and Physical Education to build a comprehensive and cohesive Secondary Athletics program.
- Responsible for developing procedures and protocols to ensure coaching staff at all schools have completed required courses and meet all Oklahoma State Department of Education and District accreditation requirements.
- Directs district wide coach recruiting efforts including collaboration with Human Resources and school site Principals with the ultimate goal of having all coaching staff working as Certified personnel at the school site they serve.
- Responsible for the collection and composite scheduling of District athletic events.
- Identifies and oversees the development and delivery of effective professional development programs for Assistant Directors, Site Athletic Coordinators, and Coaches to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities of the entire Secondary Athletic program’s leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- Current State of Oklahoma Teaching Certificate.
- Minimum five (5) years of leadership experience in Secondary Athletics including supervision of staff.
- Minimum two (2) years of service as an Athletic Director.
- Strong knowledge and experience applying OSSAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.