The Associate Director of the National Commodore Club (NCC) and Athletics Development will be responsible for soliciting both major gifts and leadership annual gifts for Vanderbilt University, with a focus on outright gifts and pledges to the Athletics program in support of all Vanderbilt student athletes.
Key Functions and Expected Performance:
- Conducting 120-150 visits annually with prospects capable of making annual gifts and pledges of $25,000+ as well as visits with prospects capable of making $100K+ commitments (visits are anywhere around the country and locally).
- Effectively communicating results of prospect visits to appropriate personnel, such as other development staff, with particular emphasis on major donor prospect identification
- Qualifying major donor prospects each year.
- Using data to identify prospects for leadership annual gifts.
- Managing a portfolio of approximately 100-125 prospects and donors.
Experience and Skills:
- One year of relevant experience, or the equivalent, is necessary.
- Two or more years of experience in development or alumni relations preferred, with direct donor solicitation experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and judgment suitable for exercising appropriate discretion and demeanor when dealing with alumni, parents, friends, and employees.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in the handling of confidential information.
- Ability to use current computer technology, such as Windows, Excel, Word, and Vanderbilt’s donor management system.
- Fundraising experience within higher education preferred.
- Experience with trip planning, domestic travel, and scheduling “discovery” appointments with individuals (i.e., donors, prospects, clients, customers that applicant may have never met before).