The Associate Director of Sports Communications, who reports to the Senior Associate AD for External Operations, will serve to expand the overall awareness of the University, athletics department, student-athletes, and coaches to the faculty/staff on-campus and in the greater community as well as support the public relations value for the university’s mission and vision
- Manage various administrative duties within the Communications Office and the overall athletics department. Manage team of 10-12 student workers including providing instruction on tasks, scheduling and approval of timesheets.
- Independently write and produce releases, including game notes and game releases, feature content, and other unique coverage for the Upstate Athletics website and for distribution to media outlets.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Athletics website, in particular for the assigned sports and other various projects. This includes but is not limited to independently determining the content that is written and posted to the athletics website; writing biographical sketches of the coaches and student-athletes, and other pertinent information, including in-depth feature stories. Create graphics for use on the departmental website and social media, and edit game/event/interview highlight clips for the website and social media.
- Maintain season and historical statistics for assigned sports; supervise statistical crews and other event support personnel for home games.
- Work with the video coordinator to set up video shoots, produce web video content, and coordinate team pictures.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience in sports information, media relations or athletic communications is required.
- Frequent travel with sports teams is required.
- Long hours, nights and weekends are expected.
- Good driving record, valid driver’s license, and successful background check are required.