Help coordinate and administer a comprehensive sports medical program for Jacksonville University’s intercollegiate sports. The Associate Director of Sports Medicine will also perform professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program as directed by the Assistant Athletic Director of Sports Medicine. The primary sport coverage for this position will be women’s lacrosse but this coverage may be changed from time to time and additional sport coverage may be required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work cooperatively with and under the direction of the Team Physicians and practice within a written scope of practice established between the Athletic Trainer and a supervising licensed Physician as defined by the State of Florida Department of Health (Florida Statute 468) and The Board of Athletic Training (Rule Chapter 64B33).
- Implement the sports medicine program for the University as per the BOC Domain Descriptions and Task Statements, including: Injury/Illness Prevention and Wellness Protection, Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis, Immediate and Emergency Care, Treatment and Rehabilitation, Organizational and Professional Health and Well‐being.
- Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Serve as an Approved Clinical Instructor for a CAATE Athletic Training Educational program.
- Follow the university’s policy & procedure and protocols.
- Work in conjunction with the sports performance staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 0 – 2 years of post-certification college and/or professional athletic training experience.
- Ability to successfully balance and manage multiple tasks in an active, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written, computer, and fiscal management skills.