Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate to be an Associate Director of Sports Performance - Head of Football Applied Sports Science working with the Duke Football Program. This position is responsible for assisting in designing, implementing, conducting, and monitoring sports performance programs for football student-athletes.
- Design and implement sports performance programs for Football student athletes as assigned by the Head Football Sports Performance Coach.
- Track and monitor assessment data and performance, wellness, and readiness metrics relevant to the team’s programs
- Develop recovery and wellness programs to support performance goals in conjunction with staff in other team support areas
- Assist with rehabilitation of sports related injuries to student-athletes.
- All duties must be performed in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Health Sciences or related field.
- Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification.
- Minimum of two years as a sports performance coach at the collegiate or professional level
- CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- The candidate must also possess strong organizational and communications skills.
- Professional demeanor and high standard of ethics and integrity pertaining to collegiate athletics.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace, with sports medicine and nutrition professionals, and support staff.