The Assistant/Associate Director of Sports Medicine's primary responsibilities include the practice of the art and science of athletic training within the realm of intercollegiate athletics at Boston College. This includes potential work with the 750+ student athletes participating on 31 intercollegiate teams. Concurrent contact with the respective coaches, athletic administrators and other staff serving the 31 teams is expected.
- Master’s degree required, preferably in allied health discipline.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association BOC Certification.
- Massachusetts Allied Health Athletic Trainers Licensure.
- 2 years full time experience/immersion as a certified athletic trainer at the collegiate level.
Specific competencies include:
- Care and compassion for the student-athletes.
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of Athletic Training.
Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.