The Associate Head Coach must be able to demonstrate Delta College Athletics five (5) key values: Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Sportsmanship and Leadership on a daily basis. To promote student success through academics building a strong foundation for the young men and women of the program. Leading these young men and women to be champions on and off the court.
- Assist the Head Coach in establishing and cultivating a fundamental philosophy, skill development and techniques to be used throughout all seasons of participation, pre and post season.
- Supports established expectations set forth by the Head Coach, of student-athletes participating in the program, including, but not limited to, accountability, cooperation, collaboration and disciplinary actions.
- Assist in recruitment of academically prepared student-athletes to be successful at Delta College following recruitment guidelines, ensuring compliance with Delta College, MCCAA and NJCAA regulations.
- Assists the Head Coach in establishing and implementing off-season activities.
- Collaborate with Head Coach, Athletic Director, Student Success Advisor, Counselors and Teaching/Learning Center in promoting academic success for student-athletes with in your program, including monitoring progress reports.
- Adheres to following and upholding coaches and student-athlete code of conduct as written in each handbook.
- Assists the Head Coach in collaboration with the Athletic Director to establish fundraising opportunities, providing additional funds to support the goals of the athletic program.
- 3-5 years of increased coaching responsibility at the high school level or higher.
- Valid driver’s license.
- First Aid and CPR Certified, or completed within first 30 days of employment.
- Knowledge of MCCAA, region XII and NJCAA regulations for the sport coached.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and forms used as detailed in the Athletic Department handbook.
- College-acceptable driving record must be maintained.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Understands Title IX and Mandated Reporting.
- Evening and Weekend hours are required.