The Assistant Coach I, Women's Tennis, at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Athletics, Community and Campus Recreation (DACCR), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of 'Achieving Excellence Together.' The Assistant Coach I reports to the Head Coach of the specific sport, as well as the Associate AD and Student Services and Sports Administration, and carries out all responsibilities delegated by the Head Coach.
- Create in and out of season fitness workouts to compliment standard strength and conditioning sessions.
- Mentor players academically, athletically, and personally.
- Identify, evaluate and secure prospective student athletes who can compete for and win conference championships and who strive for excellence in the classroom and in the community.
- Adhere to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Maintain current and accurate records using ARMS software program.
- Establish relationship with prospective student athletes and their support group (i.e., parents/coaches/teachers) during the recruiting process.
- Bachelor's degree in coaching related curriculum or acceptable equivalent field, and two years job-related experience, including college-age coaching.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competitive coaching skills. Knowledge of NCAA student-athlete academic eligibility requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Knowledge of NCAA recruiting rules.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions and manuals and make administrative procedural decisions and judgments.