The responsibilities of the Associate Head Coach is to help lead the day-to-day operations and coaching of a Division I intercollegiate program that includes but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling, practice schedule, team outreach.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Upload and download of opponent video, opponent video breakdown and scouting.
- In match and game day management.
- Team travel.
- Potential student athlete evaluations.
- Team academic liaison.
- Strength and conditioning liaison.
- Team alumni/Fundraising events.
- Summer camps.
- Other administrative duties as required. Involves team travel and some overnight weekend trips.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and two-four years of related coaching experience at a collegiate level. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Masters preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 yrs collegiate experience in designated sport as player/coach.
- Understanding of and compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Commitment to the mission of Jesuit higher education.
- Division I coaching experience preferred.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment with strong preference to those with NCAA collegiate basketball coaching and recruiting experience.
- Working knowledge of compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Ability to draw upon coaching/playing experience and contribute to technical training as well as in match tactical adjustment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Candidates should have experience working in a culturally diverse environment and experience with college basketball coaching and recruiting.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.