Serve as Associate Head Coach of Division I Women’s Soccer program. This position will assist in overseeing and managing all aspects of the Women’s Soccer program. This includes promoting the philosophy and objectives of the North Carolina State University intercollegiate athletics program. This position will embrace the Athletics Department’s strategic plan and execute it with unmitigated resolve, while being compliant with all NCAA and ACC rules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the NCAA and ACC governing policies and procedures. Attends compliance education meetings; demonstrates commitment to both the intent and spirit of applicable NCAA and ACC rules and regulations; demonstrates integrity and professionalism in applying guidelines to individual program.
- Assists with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, to include assisting with on campus visits of prospective student-athletes.
- Assists in coaching and teaching skill-development in student-athletes; evaluate their performance in practice and competition. Instructs on team philosophy, physical health and safety. Responsible for sole instruction and method of teaching in a assigned area
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength Coach and the Athletic Training staff.
- Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings. Develops and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Advises and counsels with student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, academic performance, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s Degree and three years of experience as collegiate Associate Head or Head Coach with demonstrated success and proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills,
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA bylaws, a dedication to the success of student-athletes in their academic and athletic endeavors.