Working with the Head Track and Field Coach, responsible for all facets of running a successful men's and women's track and field program competing at the NCAA Division II level and as a member of Conference Carolinas. Responsibilities include coaching several event groups within the track and field programs, coordinating recruiting student-athletes across all events as well as retaining them.
- Sport administrative duties including recruiting coordination, meet management, eligibility monitoring, alumni relations, equipment orders, and other sport administrative responsibilities.
- Develop and implement training plans for several track and field event groups.
- Coach student-athletes in competition and make coaching decisions in training and at meets.
- With the rest of the coaching staff develop team culture.
- Advise student-athletes and connect them with appropriate resources as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating a recruiting effort that requires contact with 100s of prospects annually and with a goal of matriculating at least 15 new student-athletes each year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.