To assist with the daily coaching and recruitment activities of the Basketball team. Providing senior level assistance to the Coach with all areas of the program including but not limited to coaching, film exchange, and budget administration and recruiting of prospective student athletes.
- Oversees and participates practice and game coaching.
- Participates in the planning of game strategy.
- Participates in instruction and demonstrations during practice conditioning sessions.
- Recruits student-athletes.
- Monitors the academic progress of the program’s student-athletes.
- Monitors conditioning, summer camp, community involvement, public relations and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- May supervise Assistant Coach in absence of Head Coach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.