To assist the head coach in all aspects of coaching the ice hockey team including assistance with the organization of practices, recruiting, individual player development, scouting reports, video analysis and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Development of student-athletes. Assist with planning, organizing and on-ice training of team practices, individual skill sessions and games. This includes practice plans and video analysis and the production of scouting reports. Responsible for scouting opponents and presenting the game plan to the Team. Assistant coach supports and takes direction from the Associate Head Coach.
- Recruiting coordinator. Responsible for identifying prospects and creating a strategy for the entire staff to execute. Management of entire recruiting strategy. Directs Head Coach and assistant coach on events to attend and prospects to contact.
- Liaison to equipment room for apparel orders. Collaborate with training room, academics and strength and conditioning. Works directly with HC on scheduling of non-conference opponents.
- When Head Coach is not present, responsible for day to day operations of the program and has decision making authority in HC absence.
- Bachelor degree required. College/professional playing experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of college coaching experience required.
- Proficient with XOS Digital and video editing systems required.
- Expertise & proficient in on-ice player skills development required.