Wittenberg University is seeking applications for an Associate Head Cross Country Coach/Assistant Track & Field Coach for the Cross Country and Track & Field programs. This individual will assist the head coach in leading all aspects of an NCAA Division III program.
- Coach and mentor distance running athletes in Cross Country and Track and Field.
- Assist the Director with recruiting, academic oversight, fundraising, social media, organizing and managing high school events, and coordinating camps and clinics.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of NCAA, Conference and University rules, policies and procedures.
- Assist Director in managing and coaching the Track and Field/ Cross Country Program as instructed by Director.
- Assist Director in recruiting, and managing a full, robust and balanced Track and Field/Cross Country roster.
- Maintain a competitive team versus conference competition and aspire to be competitive nationally.
- Maintain a professional relationship with student athletes, co-coaches and all university personnel.
- Continue to study and implement current coaching philosophies and techniques.
- Assist director with administrative duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge and coaching ability of middle distance and distance event groups to improve the performance of these student athletes.
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Knowledge in the following areas is preferred: Microsoft Office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media platforms, and recruiting software (i.e. Frontrush).