The Colby College Department of Athletics is seeking an associate head swimming and diving coach beginning August 15, 2023 through June 30, 2024. The associate head coach’s responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all duties involved in running a competitive Division III swimming and diving program. Colby College is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where every member of the community feels a sense of respect and belonging.
- On-site coaching in practices and meets, ranging from season design to group oversight and the implementation of daily training and practices.
- Assist in the planning and preparation for meets.
- Serve as recruiting coordinator to identify, cultivate, matriculate, and retain talented athletes successfully.
- Administrative oversight of team travel.
- Coordinate program social media presence.
- Prepare video and data analysis from practice and meets, presenting analysis to team members.
- Work in direct coordination with Peak Performance to oversee strength program, the designing and running of the dryland program and individual athlete analysis.
- Daily set up and breakdown of practice facility and equipment.
- Oversee home meet management inclusive of facility set up, timing system and software and webcasting.
- Provide support and encouragement to student athletes, including academic counseling and advising.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Multiple years of collegiate swim coaching experience, ideally at the associate or head coach level.
- Demonstrated success in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering.
- Must be organized, take initiative, and utilize strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and must meet the College’s Fleet Safety Policy requirements.
- Ability to travel for team practices, competition, and scouting in and out of state.
- Strong positive communication and interpersonal skills with all levels.