Serve as Associate Head Coach for the Intercollegiate Athletic sport assigned, to individual or groups at California Baptist University by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
- Instruct athletes with sound principles and expert skill in skills, training, and strategies to achieve success.
- Has knowledge of game rules and NCAA/Conference regulations and implements these rules on a consistent basis.
- Provide instruction and spiritual guidance that will lead to positive values, acceptable behavior, and self-discipline consistent with the philosophy of athletics at CBU.
- Assist head coach to motivate team for maximum performance by utilizing motivational philosophies that meet the needs of the student and that are consistent with the CBU Athletics program philosophy.
- Assist head coach in effective team training for the men’s and women’s swimming season.
- Assist head coach in submission of annual budget to Deputy Athletic Director and Athletic Director, and keep current on all team expenditures to ensure compliance with team budget.
- Develops in each athlete a respect for University property and its care.
- Within the framework of the CBU and NCAA policies, effectively recruit and follows up with qualified prospective student-athletes (who are the level necessary to be successful academically and athletically) by various communication platforms and through on-campus visits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of assigned sport coaching methods.
- Ability to travel, including domestic/international air travel, and work nights/weekends.
- Able to be a positive representative of the University at all times.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Ability to effectively arrange home and away contests according to institutional, conference and NCAA requirements and submit travel paperwork and NCAA pass lists on time.