Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach in administering a highly competitive Division I women’s soccer program.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to their sport.
- Assist with instructing individuals or groups on sports rules, game strategies, and performance.
- Evaluates and recruits qualified student-athletes.
- Assist with coordinating the travel arrangements and travel with the team during away contests.
- Assist with all aspects of the team, including strength and conditioning, practicing, competition and scheduling.
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the University, the SWAC and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
- Works cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department, always present the University positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and AAU coaches, media and general public.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two to Five years of coaching experience on collegiate or high school level.
- Effective written/oral communication.
- Ability to work effectively with all intercollegiate personnel, students, alumni and community.
- Sound judgment and maturity.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA rules and regulations.