The Assistant Softball Coach at Upper Iowa University reports directly to the Head Softball Coach and is responsible for assisting in the planning, directing, and evaluating all aspects and facets of a successful Softball program on the NCAA Division II level.
- Assist in directing and supervising the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate softball program.
- Plan, develop, and run organized practice sessions for pitchers/catchers.
- Provide instruction to student athletes on pitching fundamentals and technique.
- Work with pitching staff to develop strategy and game plans for pitch calling.
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and role model to the student-athletes of the softball program.
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit highly skilled and academically qualified student-athletes.
- Assist head coach with preparation and scheduling of the team competitive game schedule.
- Work with head coach to plan, organize, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions and game plans.
- Assist in field maintenance.
- Assist with fundraising initiatives for the softball program and Department of Athletics.
- Oversee the coordination of team travel arrangement and logistics as needed.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NSIC rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of intercollegiate softball (fundamentals, position details, strategies, etc.) at the NCAA Division II level.
- Efficiency and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments.
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate excellent judgment in decision-making along with establishing priorities and importance of tasks.
- Skilled in computer use and software applications, including database, spread sheet, presentation and word processing.
- Ability and confidence to immediately address and resolve problems and issues is required.