The department of Athletics at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for an Associate Head Women's Swimming Coach.
What You'll Do:
- Assist the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach with the regular practice sessions in and out of season, as permitted. Coach the team during scheduled events. Implement strategies necessary to motivate student-athletes to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
- Assist the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach with expense control compliance and administration of the sport budget.
- Coordinate personal recruiting and team travel with the Athletic Travel Coordinator.
- Assist the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach with the recruitment of quality student-athletes and coordinate said recruiting activities with the athletic compliance staff.
- Demonstrate an active involvement in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work with Department of Intercollegiate Athletics’ student services staff to prevent academic eligibility problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines, policies, rules and regulations with the ability to interpret, apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.
- Successfully complete NCAA certification exam annually.
- Maintain knowledge of state and University policies and procedures.
- Exhibit strong creative, organizational and interpersonal skills.