The Associate Head Women’s Wrestling Coaching Instructor supports the Head Men and Women’s Wrestling Coaching Instructor to provide coaching instruction and administrative support to other coaches and administrative staff while ensuring compliance with all related governing bodies including the NCAA, OAC Conference, and institutional regulations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate practice time to include such responsibilities as implementing drills and meet plans into practices, offering input for meet strategies. The Associate Head Women’s Wrestling Coaching Instructor will assist players in the learning process, and keep track of players’ punctuality and participation in practices when needed.
- Serve as the primary contact for the women’s wrestling program as administered by the Head Men’s and Women’s Wrestling Coaching Instructor. All matters related specifically to the women’s wrestling program will be directed toward the Associate Head Women’s Wrestling Coaching Instructor.
- Implement and lead elements of practices and meets to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development work with athletes as warranted, and fulfillment of game day responsibilities.
- Assist the Head M&W Wrestling Coaching Instructor with the development of strategies for a successful program including well-organized practice plans and participation in the development and execution of meet strategies.
- Oversee and be responsible for the women’s wrestling budget and purchasing items.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of collegiate coaching experience or two (2) years of successful coaching experience as a head or assistant coach in high school or club teams or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain certifications in CPR and AED.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Must understand and comply with NCAA, Ohio Athletics Conference, and University rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.