Under the general supervision of the assigned TrAC Dean, the Professor will teach classes in Health Education/Physical Education. The successful candidate will provide evidence of knowledge and understanding of the racial, socioeconomic, and academic diversity within community college populations; the candidate also will show knowledge and understanding of how these factors relate to the need for equity-minded and culturally-responsive practices in the community college setting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct and organize classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and the course information outlines.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives and student learning outcomes.
- Evaluate the progress of each student; connect students to appropriate campus-support services.
- Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the revision of course descriptions and course outlines that reflect a culturally-responsive pedagogy.
- Select textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials that support the learning environment and are reflective of the college's mission of equity-minded education.
- Maintain currency in your field.
- Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance, progress, and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the administration.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to race, ethnicity, color, religious creed, sex, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different student abilities, learning styles, cultures, and groups mentioned above.
- Demonstrated experience teaching in a variety of settings, including but not limited to online, dual enrollment, and large lectures. A willingness to develop and utilize instructional materials, including lectures and labs for multiple modalities.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.