The Associate Sports Information Director will assist in all aspects of the sports information office, including serving as the primary media contact for at least one revenue sport and several others to be determined.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary media relations contact for select sports with responsibilities that include serving as the primary liaison between student-athletes, coaches, and administrators and media contacts; writing press releases and feature stories; developing relationships with media members; and championship preparation and coverage.
- Provide oversight of assistant sports information director position.
- Compile in-game statistics and manage game day staff for select sports.
- Direct social media strategy for assigned sports and assist in implementation of overall departmental social media strategy.
- Help create and carry out content creation plan for Daktronics video boards.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, public relations, or related field.
- Previous experience (at least 2-3 years) working in an athletic communications office or related field.
- Must possess strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including video editing, graphics and desktop publishing software.
- Knowledge of and experience with Genius Sports and StatCrew software in multiple sports.
- Experience with web management, social media strategy and content creation.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including nights/weekends and/or holidays during peak seasons; travel may be required.