Norfolk State University seeks qualified applicants for the position of Associate Sports Information Director. Norfolk State University, located in Norfolk, Va., has a 15-sport NCAA Division A I athletics program that competes in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Serve as the primary media relations contact for select sports with responsibilities that include serving as the primary liaison between student-athletes, coaches, and administrators and media contacts; writing press releases and feature stories; developing relationships with media members; and championship preparation and coverage.
- Provide oversight of assistant sports information director position.
- Compile in-game statistics and manage game day staff for select sports.
- Direct social media strategy for assigned sports and assist in implementation of overall departmental social media strategy.
- Help create and carry out content creation plan for Daktronics video boards.
- Assist in setup for video/audio broadcasts as needed.
- Manage archives of press releases, photos, statistics and other collateral for historical and data analytics purposes.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, public relations, or related field.
- Previous experience (at least 2-3 years) working in an athletic communications office or related field.
- Must possess strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including video editing, graphics and desktop publishing software.
- Knowledge of and experience with Genius Sports and StatCrew software in multiple sports.
- Experience with web management, social media strategy and content creation.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including nights/weekends and/or holidays during peak seasons; travel may be required.