- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business, or equivalent.
- Three or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing, and public relations, program development, and fund-raising.
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
- Oversight of all aspects of Youth and Adult Sports for the YMCA.
- Establishes new and expands current programs to meet the needs of the community and the goals and objectives of youth and adult sports programs in accordance with the strategic and operational plans of the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region.
- Participates in a collaborative effort as a member of the Program Operations Team to determine goals, strategies, and program innovation and improvements for the association.
- Hires, supervises, and develops sports directors across the association.
- Recruits, trains, develops, evaluates, schedules, and directly supervises sports directors and other department staff and volunteers as needed across the association.
- Develops, manages, and controls budget to ensure the program operates within budget.
- Develop relationships and represent the association and maintain relationships in a professional manner with school districts and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs.