- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience (or currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Program).
- One to two years of previous sports or related experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Experience in sports officiating and sports management preferred.
- High energy, positive, "can-do" attitude, flexibility, attention to detail, and a high degree of initiative will help this candidate be successful.
- The ability to direct programs through leading both staff and volunteers, developing and monitoring budgets, developing and marketing programs and bringing enthusiasm and a passion for fundraising.
- This leader will also need the ability to connect and relate with diverse groups of people at all levels of the organization.
- A proven track record in building authentic relationships with others and the ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations and public school system.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Grow sports in accordance with operating plans.
- Recruit, train, develop, schedule and direct staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, and training and meetings for coaches.
- Develops and distributes team uniforms and awards; coordinates and distributes team photographs.