- Experience is preferred, but is not required.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to positively and professionally motivate and engage student-athletes.
- Current or be able to obtain First Aide, CPR and AED certification prior to coaching student-athletes.
- Qualify for district transportation certification to transport student-athletes.
- Qualify for CHSAA Certification and complete prior to coaching student-athletes.
- Qualify for Archuleta School District 50 Joint employment based on a background check.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
To assist the Head Basketball Coach with organizing the high school basketball program and to assist with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
The work requires periods of light to medium physical activity and requires long periods of time standing and/or walking. Most of the work requires the physical demands of coaching the fundamentals of basketball.