Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Asst. Coach – Football. Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach assists in the coordination of an intercollegiate athletic program, must have an understanding of technical knowledge of the sport of Football with the ability to develop student-athletes to their full potential.
- To assist in establishing and maintaining a nationally competitive intercollegiate football team in the Big Ten and the NCAA.
- To recruit high level academically and athletically skilled students to attend Rutgers and to participate on the football team.
- To assist in organizing and conducting practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success.
- To assist in developing, teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the proper rules of play, conditioning, skills and techniques on the football field and in life-skills and leadership qualities off the field.
- To assist in fundraising and public relations events that support the objective of the program and allow for program enhancements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of Big Ten Conference and NCAA rules relative to recruiting and knowledge of NCAA regulations relative to proper rules of play in the sport of football.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to communicate with student-athletes and the media.
- Computer literacy.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license.