Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Coach for Men’s Basketball. Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach, this position is responsible for assisting in the coordination of an intercollegiate athletic program, and must have an understanding of technical knowledge of the sport of Men’s Basketball with the ability to help develop the student-athlete to their full potential.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a nationally competitive intercollegiate men’s basketball team in the Big Ten and the NCAA.
- Recruits high level academically and athletically skilled students to attend Rutgers and to participate on the men’s basketball team.
- Assists in organizing and conducting practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success.
- Assists in developing, teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the proper rules of play, conditioning, skills and techniques on the basketball court and in life-skills and leadership qualities off the court.
- Assists in fundraising and public relations events that support the objective of the program and allow for program enhancements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Big Ten Conference and NCAA rules and regulations relative to recruiting and the proper rules of play in the sport of men’s basketball.
- Requires good organization skills, the ability to communicate with student-athletes and the media.
- Computer literate.