Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Asst. Coach – Men’s Lacrosse for Athletics. Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach for Men’s Lacrosse this position will provide an opportunity for student-athletes to practice and compete on a competitive, Division I Men’s Lacrosse program while attending school to earn a college degree.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a nationally competitive intercollegiate men’s lacrosse program within the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA.
- Recruit high level academically and athletically skilled students to attend Rutgers to earn a degree and to compete in the men’s lacrosse program.
- Assist in organizing and conducting practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success. This position will be involved with operational duties when the team is traveling.
- Assist in developing, teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the proper rules of competition, conditioning. skills and techniques on the field and in life-skills and leadership qualities on and off the field.
- Assist in fundraising and public relations events that support the objectives of the program and allow for program enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations relative to proper rules of play in the sport of men’s lacrosse.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with student-athletes and the media.
- Computer literate.