Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Coach for Men’s Soccer. Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach, this position will assist in the coordination of a Men’s Soccer intercollegiate athletic program which provides an opportunity for student-athletes to practice and compete on a competitive, Division I men’s soccer program while attending school to earn a college degree.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a nationally competitive intercollegiate men’s soccer program within the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA.
- Recruits high level academically and athletically skilled students to attend Rutgers to earn a degree and to compete in the soccer program. To assist in organizing and conducting practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success.
- Works closely with and handles alumni events and outreach for the Men’s Soccer Program.
- Assists in developing, teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the proper rules of competition, conditioning. skills and techniques on the field and in life-skills and leadership qualities on and off the field.
- Assists in fundraising and public relations events that support the objectives of the program and allow for program enhancements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations relative to proper rules of play in the sport of men’s soccer.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with student-athletes and the media.
- Computer literate.