Reporting to the Head Women’s Soccer Coach, the Assistant Coach assists in developing a Division I competitive Women’s Soccer program. The primary function of the Assistant Coach will be to teach student-athletes the sport of Women’s Soccer. The Assistant Coach will evaluate and recruit qualified student-athletes to Temple University; whose athletic skills would allow the program to be highly competitive, and whose academic abilities make such student-athletes excellent candidates for a meaningful academic experience and graduation from Temple University.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of previous soccer experience as a collegiate coach and/or collegiate student-athlete.
- Experience administering Division I NCAA rules. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Software, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to assist with budgeting, scheduling, meal planning, coaching, recruiting, scouting, and purchasing and caring for equipment.
- Ability to implement policies and guidelines for all Women’s Soccer personnel and student-athletes.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong leadership, and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work a highly variable schedule, including nights and weekends.