This position has responsibilities that include assistant coaching, practice planning and recruitment. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Assist the Head Coach in providing instruction to student athletes regarding the specific skills needed to play the sport, to build and inspire great teamwork, and for their own character development.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and implementation of inter-collegiate games and practices.
- Assist the head coach to build a cohesive and competitive program.
- Assist supervisor in the monitoring of the student athletes academic performance.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
- Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with recruiting of student athletes.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in the athletic program.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to: standard criminal background check and employment reference checks. Select positions may be subject to drug/alcohol screening.
- Minimum one to three years of advanced coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.