DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and carry out an athletic program that will promote team and school pride.
- Accept the responsibility for the welfare of the students under his/her supervision.
- Attempt to integrate the athletic program with the total school program
- Promote positive public relations in regard to the school’s athletic program.
- Abide by the league, county, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Accept responsibility for the behavior and welfare of his/her team before and after practice or a contest.
- Work in conjunction and coordination with athletic programs at other school levels.
- Accept responsibility for the retention and care of equipment.
- Provide leadership and support in his/her area of responsibility.
- Maintain professional work habits.
- A coach must be certified as a teacher in the State of WV or complete the National Federal Interscholastic Coaches Education Program as endorsed by the WVSSAC and the State Board of Education, and receive a coaching authorization issued by the WV Department of Education.
- Persons who have not previously completed approved training, upon acceptance as a coach by the local board, must complete approved training and apply to the WV Department of Education for an authorization within sixty days of board acceptance.
- Must also be willing to get CPR/AED certification.
As required by Federal laws and regulations, the Marshall County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability or national origin in employment or in its educational programs and activities.