Assists the middle school head coach with coordinating all aspects of the assigned interscholastic sport and works cooperatively with all personnel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates coaching methods and assigned duties with the head coach to carry out the athletic program.
- Assists the head coach in assessing middle school player's skills, assigns team positions and coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement of the sport.
- Reports all injuries and misconduct immediately to the athletic director and completes all necessary injury report forms.
- Accompanies and supervises the team to and from all contests except when assigned to other duties by the head coach.
- Attends all practices and staff meetings and accepts scouting assignments as required.
- Assumes responsibility for all groups of athletes until they are dressed and have left the building.
- Assists the head coach in issuing, checking in and inventorying all equipment for the season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Assumes responsibility for securing all gates, dressing rooms, locker room and gymnasium or field facilities before leaving the areas after play or practices.
The Loveland City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing personnel selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service, or ability.