Campbell University, a NCAA Division I institution, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Softball Coach. This is a full time twelve-month position.
- Assist the Head Coach with recruiting, administration, and on court instruction of the Softball program and adhering to all university, Big South Conference, and NCAA regulations.
- Must have the ability to evaluate, contact, and recruit potential student athletes.
- Have the ability to analyze game video; help formulate game and training strategies; and instruct student- athletes on the techniques of softball.
- Help monitor the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Organize equipment and create travel arrangements for the Softball program as well as adhere to budget restrictions.
- Assist in promoting, organizing and running camps and aid in fundraising efforts to improve the Softball program and athletic department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and administrative skills are required.
- Ability to teach the game of softball at a high level all within a professional setting.
- Communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and attention to detail are essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications, the internet, and social media.
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in dealing with trustees, faculty, staff, students, high-level university officials and the public.
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people.
- Exercise independent judgment in complex and new situations.