The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for promoting William Woods Athletics through the academic, on-field and off-field development of the softball program. The duties of the Outdoor Facilities Maintenance Supervisor are in coordination with campus maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an understanding of the sport of softball.
- Work collectively and cooperatively with the Head Softball Coach.
- Work collectively and cooperatively with the Director of Campus Maintenance.
- Be able to communicate effectively the understanding of the sport.
- Be able to properly demonstrate the understanding of the sport.
- Supervise all practices and workouts.
- Be able to maintain an appropriate, consistent and fair level of discipline.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner consistent with the values of the university.
- Actively promote the university.
- Recruit quality student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability in: leading an athletic team; fundraising and revenue development; budget development; employee management.
- Preferred knowledge of and commitment to NAIA rules; preferred knowledge of Champions of Character program and commitment to its principles and goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.