The Assistant Track & Field Coach- distance & cross country is responsible for assisting the head track and field coach in all aspects of the NCAA Division I Track & Field program. Coaches are expected to adhere to all University, Big South Conference and NCAA regulations. This position demands a flexible schedule, as irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and travel, including overnight stays is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the instruction, development and training; tactically, technically, and athletically, of track & field athletes who compete specifically in distance events and cross country.
- Motivate and inspire student-athletes to excel in the classroom and on the field; monitor athletes’ academic progress.
- Assist in coordination of practice and meet preparations.
- Assist the strength and conditioning coach and head coach in sport science management and implementation.
- Provide the head coach with post meet analysis and recommendations for enhanced athlete performance.
- Research, scout, evaluate and recommend prospective student-athletes to the head coach.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and administrative skills are required.
- Ability to recruit and coach track and field athletes at a high level in a professional manner.
- Communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and attention to detail are essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications, the internet, and social media.
Campbell University maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Accordingly, the University is committed to administering all educational and employment activities without discrimination as to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity or national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by law, except where appropriate and authorized by law.