Assists Head Coach with all facets of two varsity sports programs including organizing and planning of all practices and game strategies, training and health education of student athletes, monitoring academic progress of student athletes and recruiting of athletes for the Program.
- Adheres to Utica University Athletic Department philosophy, including knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Provides and advises student athletes of obligations and requirements under said philosophy and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Plans and runs daily practices sessions and periodic individual training sessions to ensure players are learning team and individual concepts and safety issues while participating in intercollegiate athletics.
- Monitors players’ academic success, providing direction when necessary, including providing for or arranging necessary academic help services.
- May be required to teach physical education classes each semester as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Manages equipment usage, orders and maintains uniforms, clubs, bags etc. Scouts opponents when appropriate. Assists head coaches with game scheduling, transportation, and communicates with Sports Information for player profiles, pictures, match scores and highlights. Contributes time and assistance to Booster Club, if appropriate.
- Recruits prospective student athletes giving them an opportunity to compete and to better themselves as athletes and individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years coaching experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.