Greenville University is seeking a dynamic full-time Athletic Band (Marching Band) Director. This position reports to the Music Department Chair and Director of Admissions.
- Holds a minimum of a master’s degree in instrumental music or related degree (extensive professional experience will be considered as well).
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of traditional and contemporary athletic band repertoire, and field show design and implementation.
- Exhibits knowledge of conducting/directing skills for athletic bands.
- Has directing/teaching/professional experience in marching and pep bands.
- Has skills/experience related to directing a Jazz Band.
- Has experience and a successful history of doing recruitment work.
- Work on recruitment goals under the leadership of the Director of admissions.
- Ensemble responsibilities to include leading the Athletics Bands, and Jazz Band.
- The Marching Panther Regiment is the musical ambassador for the athletic program, primarily football and basketball. During the fall, the MPR performs at all home football games and other related events, including local parades. In the spring, the pep band performs at all home men’s and women’s varsity basketball games.
- The Jazz Band is an instrumental music ensemble that features vocal guests. The ensemble performs two concerts each semester and performs a variety of repertoire that includes modern jazz/fusion and classic standards. Community musicians also participate in this ensemble.
- Manage the Band Graduate Assistant.
- Teach applied music lessons related to the band programs and the candidate’s skills.