DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses players skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to assistant coaches as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the teams capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Bachelors degree.
- Prior coaching experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.