Under the general direction of the Athletic Director/Assistant Principal, this position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they have the opportunity to achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in their respective sport.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses players' skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competitions.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary (if applicable).
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players during competition and practice to determine the need for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Illinois Teaching License
- .ASEP Certification.
- Illinois Substitute Teaching Certificate.